In 2008, in height of the most recent global recession and faced with redundancy after years of accumulative work experience in the Business & IT industry, I took a calculated decision and decided to embark on an ongoing quest to develop further and enhance my knowledge base. This new chapter in my professional and academic life brought me to the beautiful city of Manchester, England were I commenced a Masters in Business Administration focusing on IT – MBA in IT.
I then spent around 18 – 24 months conducting Empirical Research into the impact of Enterprise Information Systems & ERP on organizational culture and change. I found it absolutely fascinating the interaction between Structured Systems and Dynamic entities such as people and this was to serve as a great source of enlightenment which subsequently lead to a publication in the Journal of Information Management.
The invaluable insight gained from the aforementioned formed the basis for my area of expertise, thus exploring in detail Business process Re-engineering concepts and facilitating change management in an effective/efficient manner within an enterprise information framework in alignment with organizational Business and IT strategy.
Wealth of Experience / Expertise:
– Business Transformation strategist/Specialist via Business Process Re-engineering (Design of Business work based flows + Controls, enabled by best of breed tools and technological platforms
– Proven Data Quality and Governance track record for Enterprise/Agile IT solutions service delivery. References available on request.
– I was part of a presales team for an IT consultancy tasked with marketing data management capabilities around MDM & Big Data Toolsets to a variety of clients
– I have over 16 years functional and technical hands on experience in this domain of IT
– I have being involved in over 6/7 full scale MDM-G/DQ/Data life cycle projects, from start to end. Recent Projects: Government Gateway; UKBA; BAE Systems, MOJ
– I come from a business & IT background, thus allowing me to liaise effectively and draw parallels between the two disciplines as well as address multiple stakeholders or target audiences with different backgrounds.
– I have conducted & published empirical research into the Business Process Re-engineering, which form the pillars for IT Business Transformation.
– Having gone through the job spec, I possess in some capacity or have being exposed to the technologies, methodologies and framework required to fulfill job function to maximum efficiency. A good fit really.
– Expertise: Big Data, Data Quality, Data architecture, Data Strategy, Data Archiving, Data warehousing, Data Modelling, Data Visualization, Data Governance, Data & Systems Integration Data Analysis – I am also SC CLEARED till May 2019 and able to work on any government related projects .
– Impeccably sound at converting business requirements into scalable IT deliverables and vice-versa
– Dynamic, people focused, technically sound with data architecture knowledge
Projects / Work Experience:
July 2016 – Till Date
HSBC – Big Data / Digital Architect – Transformation & Exploitation Programme
June 2016 – July 2016
Carlsberg, Copenhagen, Denmark – SAP Data Manager (Material Master)
January 2016 – June 2016
RBS – Enterprise Transformation Programme
BANKING – Corporate & Business
February 2015 – December 2015:
(MOJ) Ministry of Justice: Data Governance Manager/ Systems Solutions Architect
Overview: I was drafted into the MOJ because of my experience, expertise and knowledge in this domain of data management to help design and implement a comprehensive Top – Down data governance framework based on industry best practice and the MOJ’s unique Business environment and newly devised Business use cases centered on and driven by newly introduced government policies and directives as a result of outsourcing some of its traditional service offerings to the private sector.
April 2014 – December 2014:
IBM CORPORATION: – Projects
BAE Systems: MDM Architect / Enterprise Data Governance / BA
Overview: BAE Systems is a flagship Aerospace, Defense and Security company with a Global market reach and worldwide Business Operations. Detica, Its applied intelligence arm completed a data Quality audit in 2011 of BAE’s Submarine division. IBM one of its key technology partners was then commissioned to help/aid in transforming its shortfalls and enhancing its capability within a data management framework in preparation for the development of its Federated IM system. I was headhunted for role by IBM.
Tools: SAP BO Information Steward, Data Services, Oracle OBIEE, Toad, Sql Developer, Sybase + IBM Infosphere Server – MDM & DQ
January 13 – March 14:
UKBA: Data Architect / Senior BI Analyst / Project Management
Overview: Atos IT services develops, manages and supports a variety of the IT system used by the border agency – UKBA, as well as the Home Office. I was brought into the UKBA team, down to my background to help facilitate the IBIS IT programme, which essentially was an overhaul of the current IT systems aimed at bringing it up to date with industry standards. This also involves a lot of data migration from source to MDM.
Duties involved: Data Migration & Integration, Master data Management.
Tools & Expertise: Business Objects Data Services, BW, SQL, SAP IS
June 12 – August 12:
London OLYMPICS 2012 – Manual and Automated Testing (Functional)
Overview: The Olympic games and its technology partners have a long history of traditional information and enterprise systems used to facilitate and coordinate the games, as well as provide a variety of services which aim to make the biggest sporting event of our times as grand and spectacular as it is. Due to developments in technology and the way we manage information , the Olympic committee has a holistic dedication to continuous service improvement. I worked as part of a world-wide team of Software test engineers who were responsible for quality assuring the next generation of information services the games had to offer. i.e. Multimedia information Diffusion systems, which disperse new world records details to a variety of media outlets as the events take place in real time.
September 11 – September 12:
Government Gateway: Lead Business Analyst / Data Architect
Overview: The Government Gateway is the back room engine and IT facilitator for all of the E-government services within the UK. I played a fully functional role in every aspect of the Application development cycle in relation to the gateway as well as BI Analysis and Reporting.
Duties involved:- Via the government gateway – Agile Approach: Domain Driven Design & Behavior Driven Design
October 10 – March 11:
Yell.com: Web Admin/Business Analyst/Project–SCRUM Mgt:
Overview: Yell.com is the online version of the Yellow pages. From a BI perspective a single platform was required to consolidate all customer and marketing information. Monitoring trends and developing forecasting capabilities was paramount in order to gain valuable insights.
September 07 – Semptmber 08:
BEC (Business Enterprise Centre). Lancaster
Job Title: IT Consultant (Business Information Analyst) Overview:
As an IT consultant working in the North-east of England, I was solely headhunted and drafted in by business leaders in the area to design, fully implement, roll out and support an Agile ERP content management system (CRM) which was responsible for acting as a technology portal between the local community and its technological offerings and resources. This focused on all the SME’s in the area. This project was backed by the ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) and Business Link.